9/20/13

The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly

The Last Coyote (Harry Bosch, #4)The Last Coyote by Michael Connelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I discovered Michael Connelly last year reading one of his Mickey Haller novels. I liked his style immediately, and read a Harry Bosch novel. Then I decided that I must read all of his books. So I started with his first one, and I'm slowly going through.

I find The Last Coyote the best one of Connelly's first four books. I got to know Bosch more deeply than in the previous books, I especially liked the sessions with his therapist.

Bosch is not a superhero, he makes stupid mistakes and makes bad decisions. It makes him and the story more real.

I like how Connelly plays with the emotions of his characters bringing tension and conflict in the story.

I listened to the audiobook, Dick Hill did an excellent job narrating it. In writing classes they teach you not to write the filler words like "uhm" or "er", but in the audio version they come through really well when expressing confusion or embarrassment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment