9/13/13

Never Go Back by Lee Child

Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, #18)Never Go Back by Lee Child
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lee Child is one of my favourite authors, so I always look forward to read his next book. In Never Go Back Reacher finally meets Susan Turner, the nice voice from the phone. But it doesn't go as planned. Of course it doesn't, this is why we read Child don't we?
I liked the character of Susan Turner. She is a capable woman, in her own way she is like Reacher. She doesn't whine, she picks up Reacher's pace and becomes a real partner.
I would have read more fighting scenes. Reacher is a big, strong guy, and his principle is to hit first and hit hard. But he dealt with his opponents too easily. I liked the books more when he got hit too.
Child is a master of dropping as much information as needed to keep the tension and the suspense, so we keep reading. In this book the final twist was a little bit less satisfying then in the other Reacher stories. Considering Reacher's capabilities he would have guessed it earlier.
Never Go back may not be the best of the series, but still a damn good read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment