10/3/13

Maximum Bob by Elmore Leonard

Maximum BobMaximum Bob by Elmore Leonard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the first book I read from Elmore Leonard. I heard that he is one of the finest writers. With all respect, this book didn't impress me that much. The story wasn't that interesting to make me turn the pages with excitement. The plot was Ok, but the story was more about situations and desires of the characters and the conflicts they gotten into.

What kept me reading was Leonard's style, which is awesome. Reading this book was like sitting in a comfy chair with a drink in my hand listening to a storyteller with amazingly natural abilities to make stories alive. The way he writes reminds me of an old grandpa telling tales you cannot stop listening.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment