11/19/13

Empty Places by Martin Roy Hill

Empty PlacesEmpty Places by Martin Roy Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I start with the title: it has two meanings. In the beginning of the book Robin Anderson is killed in a deserted place, alone. The other empty places aren't that obvious, they are hidden in the souls. Inside Peter, the ex-husband, who has seen brutal things leaving marks on him figuratively and literally. And inside men, who sold their humanity for money and power.

I like the voice of the author, his style is smooth, I enjoyed reading the story.

The characters are well drawn, not only the hero, but the smaller ones too. Some of them showed really interesting traits, for example Laurie, who... wait, I don't want to spoil it, better if you read it yourself.

Unfortunately I could guess the main villain, even if the author made an attempt to divert me from it. Besides that there were quite a few surprises, for example the identity of the killer. And did I tell you what Laurie did? You won't believe it. There was even a turn after I thought it was over, the killer got what he deserved.

If you want a good read, Empty Places is the right choice.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment